Dust off your Christmas jumper and prepare for a fun night out on Church Street!
Local businesses are preparing for a festive late-night shopping event on Thursday December 14th and there’ll be mulled wine and fizz aplenty!
The event, which is being coordinated by Andi’s Restaurant and the Local Buyers Club, will feature Hackney Song Works Choir, the chance to hop aboard a fire engine and chat to your local firefighters, a Santa’s grotto, treasure hunt and live music.
"...what can be better than diving into your Christmas shopping at night all helped along with a delicious drink ?”
Andi Oliver, who’s helping to organise the festivities, said: “We love Christmas and this seemed a brilliant opportunity to thank the community for their support this year and to have some fun.
“It’s wonderful so many local shops, pubs and restaurants are supporting the event – what can be better than diving into your Christmas shopping at night all helped along with a delicious drink ?”
The Fedz, who were featured on this year’s BBC Glastonbury coverage will be playing live at Andi’s and the restaurant will be serving their incredible hot99 whipped cream alcoholic hot chocolate alongside their unique recipe for gorgeous white mulled wine spiked with bourbon saffron & vanilla. Catch The Fedz latest track here
Basil Fansa, of the Local Buyers Club, a discount card promoting the best local and independent businesses, said: “Church Street will be buzzing with activity on December 14th - it’s a chance to enjoy a more authentic London shopping experience, have some fun and choose unique Christmas gifts, many of which have been made or designed by local artists.”
"Like" our Facebook page to keep updated. Click here.
Let us know you're interested in coming on our event page
Here’s what is happening:
• Solve the clues in our Church Street Treasure Hunt to win brunch for two at Andi’s and £50 to spend at any business on www.localbuyersclub.com You can pick up an entry form at many of the shops taking part including Location Location and The Last Crumb.
• Bring the kids to the fire station (5.30pm – 6.45pm) and hop onboard a fire engine
• Sing the Easy Way Choir will be performing at 6.45pm outside The Last Crumb where they'll be serving mulled wine outside with complimentary gingerbread treats
• Hackney Song Works Choir will performing at 7.30pm outside The Last Crumb
• Head to Andi’s to catch The Fedz (featured on this year’s BBC Glastonbury coverage) playing live. Andi's will be serving an incredible hot99 whipped cream alcoholic hot chocolate alongside their unique recipe for gorgeous white mulled wine spiked with bourbon, saffron and vanilla.
• Members of the Local Buyers Club can save 10% at Andi’s, The Red Lion, The Prince,
The Clarence, Earlybird Cards, The Design Store, Il Bacio, Wolf, Ryan’s N16, Stokey Bears, Green Room Cafe, Flowers N16 and The Last Crumb. Click to join or find out more.
*£5 for every new member will be donated to www.wintertoyappeal.com to buy toys for local children living in poverty. (Until Dec 14). You can even click-and-collect your membership card straight away at Earlybird Cards.
• Pop in with the kids and meet Santa in his grotto at Beaucatcher between 4pm and 7 pm. There will also be free gifts from Redken and Maggie's Noel cocktails!
• Pop into Earlybird Cards, The Design Store, & Borough Wines and enjoy a glass of fizz while you shop. The Design Store is also offering 10% off (including orders) on the night.
• Enjoy free mulled wine and mince pies at a special Christmas party at Location Location estate agency (18 Stoke Newington Church Street)
• Visit The Last Crumb Cafe for a delicious Christmas inspired menu / cocktails, treats for the children on the tree and not forgetting festive cheer by the bucket load!
• Free wine tasting at Meat N16 (before 7pm)
• Pop into Mother Kelly’s for a free pre-mixed cocktail tasting event
• Show your Church Street shopping bags at The Prince for a free mulled wine
• Head to the Botanique Workshop for a free plant with orders over £40 (while stocks last).
Most major shops on Church Street will be opening late / offering treats during the event including Ooh Lou Lou’s Cakes, Jaine’s Fishmongers, The Last Crumb, N16 Flowers, Olive Loves Alfie, Post, Prep, Nook, Hub, Kitchen Provisions, Metal Crumble, Search and Rescue, Save the Children, Sonia Taouhid & Rubedo.
What is the Local Buyers Club?
We're on a mission to help you discover and support the best local and independent businesses.
We've negotiated discounts for our members at dozens of fantastic restaurants, shops, bars and businesses throughout North and East London. We help promote them and raise awareness of the advantages of shopping locally. We also organise and support community initiatives.
Join Local Buyers Club and, for just £12 per year, you'll be helping to support local business and you'll receive a discount card to use at any of the 100+ businesses listed on the site.
Find out how it works and join the club